NYLA/SSL Secondary Administrator's Award
The Award recognizes a Secondary or District Administrator who has effectively supported the maintenance and the improvement of a Secondary or District Library Media Program in a New York State School District during the past three to five years. The winner receives a plaque acknowledging the support of the School Library Media Program awarded at the SSL Spring Conference.
Deadline: December 1
- The nominating person must be a current member of NYLA/SSL.
- The Administrator has been supportive of the School Library Media Program of the District.
Criteria to judge application
- How far the Library Media Program has come, and in what length of time under this Administrator.
- Adequate facilities to house the resources and to provide a learning environment for all necessary activities.
- Staff in sufficient number to implement the many services offered to students and teachers.
- Promotion of in-service programs to acquaint faculty with resources and services available, and professional growth and development opportunities.
- On-going, continuous evaluation of the Library Media Program.
- Budget sufficient to provide an outstanding, functional program.
- All resources needed to support the educational program available and organized so they are easily accessible. A good balance of print and non-print material.
- Adherence to the Library Bill of Rights and the district materials selection policy.
Instructions: The forms were all created using the "forms" feature of Microsoft Word, and require Microsoft Word 6.0 or higher. Once an application is downloaded, it can be filled out in Word and printed out. Applications should be sent to the address given on the form.