NYLA Communications Toolkit
Throughout 2021, the NYLA Communications Committee worked together to develop the following Communications Toolkit for NYLA members. If you have any questions or you are experiencing a technical issue with any of the NYLA Communication platforms, please contact email@example.com for assistance.
Communication Methods for NYLA Members
- Advocacy Toolkit
- Listserv settings (available through your NYLA account)
- NYLA Continuing Education (CE) Calendar - Upcoming events from around the NYS Library Community
- NYLA Connect Platform - Launching to All Members Fall 2022
- Stay tuned for an NYLA Connect Toolkit closer to our launch date
Communications from NYLA
- The NYLA Voice Current Issue | Past Issues
- eBlasts (News You Can Use, NYLA Announcements, NYLA Advocacy Alerts, and other timely information)
- Press Releases
- NYLA Annual Report
Communication Methods for NYLA Unit Leaders*
- Email Options
- NYLA Member eBlast - If you would like to send something to the entire NYLA membership, email your full message to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will schedule a time for it to go out
- Email to NYLA Unit Members - If you would like to send a message to all of your Unit members, Unit leaders (President, Section's Membership Committee Chair, or Committee Chairs) can send emails directly from the NYLA website by login into your NYLA Account.
- Meeting Options - To reserve a time slot on any of the options below, contact email@example.com. All are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
- GoToMeeting - This is a free, web-based option for your group. This option allows for others to view your computer screen.
- Zoom - This is a free, web-based option for your group. This option allows for others to view your computer screen,
- Website Procedures
- User Guide (2019)
- Header Structure Documentation
- Website Linking Procedures and Best Practices for Unit Webpages
- Website Editing Tutorial - Coming Summer 2022
- NYLA Branding Book - Coming Summer 2022
- The NYLA Voice Submission Form (All submissions must be from active NYLA members and are due the first Wednesday of February, April, June, August, October, and December)
- NYLA Community Spotlights
- Unit Spotlight Submission Form - Coming Spring 2022
NYLA Community Policies
- Code of Conduct - Applicable to all NYLA and NYLA Unit Events, professional development, and meetings.
- External Communications Policy
- Social Media Policy
- NYLA Web Policies
*Units include NYLA Sections, Roundtables, and Affiliates