The Vice-President is expected to assist the President in the sections’ planning and activities. The Vice-President also supervises the Conference Programming Committee.
Duties and Timeline
- Assume the duties of the President in the absence of the latter.
- Attend NYLA Council meetings as an observer, or in place of the President, if absent. Attendance to last meeting prior to taking over the duties as the president is expected.
- Submit activity reports to the President at least two weeks prior to each Executive Board meeting.
- At the President’s request, assist with duties and special projects related to RASS and its operations.
- At the President’s request, help select candidates to fill vacated nominated positions for the upcoming year.
- Serve on the Section Planning and Long Range Committee.
- Pass on all Vice President records in good order within one month after the annual NYLA conference or by November 1 if no conference is held.
- Plan annual conference programming by working with the Conference Programming Committee.
- Serve as liaison to NYLA Conference Planning Committee.
- Oversee and advise the activities of the Conference Programmer.
- Ensure all Conference material is handed in by the deadlines provided by NYLA HQ.
- Attend Conference Programming meetings.