RASS Director of Publications
The Director of Publications is responsible for the production and distribution of RASSmatazz, the newsletter of RASS. The Director can be assisted by committee, if deemed necessary, and approved by the President.
The Director of Publications will:
- Create, edit and distribute RassMatazz to all current members of RASS.
- Submit activity reports to the President as requested.
- Pass on all pertinent records to the incoming director. Include paper copies of the newsletter, the electronic format, and procedures for sending e-mail via MemberClicks.
- Chair ad-hoc publishing committees.
The Director of Publications serves for two years.
Duties and Timeline
- The Director will create and edit the newsletter, including:
- Set deadlines for submissions.
- Receive submissions and edit them.
- Write or get others to write needed articles.
- Take photos or get others to do so at annual NYLA conference.
- Put articles into format to make eight pages, including cover, for mailing.
- The Director will distribute the newsletter.
- Send RASSmatazz to all RASS personal members with e-mail addresses by the MemberClicks site (speak to April Fernandez for approval and assistance)
- Send paper copies to members whose MemberClicks e-mail bounced back.