News & Updates from the Rural Libraries Round Table
Now Accepting Applications for the RLRT NYLA 2018 Scholarship!
Deadline: Friday, August 31st.
The Rural Libraries Round Table is offering the opportunity for one person to attend NYLA 2018 on an RLRT Scholarship. This will include conference registration (NYLA member rate), mileage/lodging, and RLRT membership if necessary. Applicants do not need to be RLRT members to apply. The winner will be announced in September. Please contact Janice Dekoff at director @ dunkirklibrary.org with any questions.
Summer Symposium - The 5 Ws of Rural Librarianship
August 8th, 2018 9:30am-3pm
Pioneer Library System Canandaigua, NY
- 9:30am - Registration & Refreshments
- 10-10:30am - RLRT Business Meeting
- 10:45-11am - Welcome
- 11am-Noon - Keynote Conversation facilitated by Adrienne Pettinelli: Why We Do What We Do
- Noon-1pm - Lunch & optional tour of PLS
- 1-2:30pm - Break out sessions -- How we do what we do (even better)
- 2:30-3pm - Wrap up & raffle
- 3:15pm - (optional) Tour of Wood Library in Canandaigua
RLRT & LAR Members: $10
NYLA Members: $20
Long-Range Plan (2008 - 2015)