Section on Management of Information Resources & Technology
Submitted by Laura Osterhout, SMART President
- 2018 Conference planning - Ed Elsner is working with presenters for both the SMART pre-conference CE program and regular session proposals. SMART is hoping to sponsor a pre-conference CE on Digital & Web Literacy. Possible conference session topics: digital audio archiving, coding, educational & technology library programming, prototyping the future library, and APIs.
- Looking for NYLA Webinar topics to sponsor; RDA is a possibility.
- Treasurer Mary Lindner is working on reimbursement policies for Board travel to meetings and conference.
- Discussion on SMART Awards - we are considering ways to increase nominations for SMART awards, including rotating the years in which we offer awards. It's always a struggle to get nominations.
- SMART communications - updating our listerv and info on the NYLA Website.