Real People. Real Dollars.
Real People. Real Dollars is an effort to drive more library advocates to the NYLA Online Advocacy Center and increase awareness of Library Advocacy Day. This effort was originally started by the Mid-Hudson Library System in 2016 and is now going statewide!
We’re calling on libraries from across the state to participate in the 2019 Real People. Real Dollars. campaign. Investing in libraries has a big return on investment for the communities they serve, help us tell that story in pictures as we prepare for Library Advocacy Day on February 27!
How To Participate:
1. Work with an avid library user or family of avid library users to calculate how much they save in a year using the NYLA Library Use Value Calculator.
2. Once the annual figure is calculated:
- take a screen shot of the calculation to have on hand and
- use the sign template for either an individual or family and fill in the dollar figure they have calculated
- snap a photo of the person or family holding up this sign, like the one to the right (don't forget to use your photo release form!).
- have your patron sign up to be a library champion using the NYLA Online Advocacy Center.
3. Post this to your Facebook page (and Twitter and Instagram…) with a message telling the story of the picture and pushing your followers to use the NYLA Online Advocacy Center to reach out to their legislators. Feel free to tag your legislators in your post and be sure to use the hashtags: #NYLALAD19 #LibrariesAreEducation
4. Upload your photos to the Google Drive Folder.
- all photos must be labeled LibraryName_PhotoNumber (ex. AlbanyPublicLibrary_1)