Sustainability Initiative (SI) Update
Ready to DO something about becoming a more sustainable library?
Sign up for our newsletter! You can sign up here to be on the cutting edge of making better, more sustainable decisions for your library and community.
Apply for our Community Change Agent Program - Applications are due June 11
- Learn all about the CCA Program
Download the Road Map to Sustainability App - now available for iOS AND Android!
Sign up to get certified as a Sustainable Library! Part 1 of NYLA’s Sustainable Library certification path is now open for public libraries and public library systems:
- Learn all about how to become certified
- Sign up with our partner, Westchester Green Business, to get started
- Part 2 of the certification path for public libraries is currently being tested in 10 libraries around the state. Our hope is to launch the full certification path at the 2017 NYLA Conference in Saratoga Springs
- The NYLA-SI Team is currently working on a custom path forward for school and academic libraries but while you wait…
- School Libraries
- Learn more about Green Ribbon Schools and find out this program is right for your school
- Academic Libraries
- Learn more about AASHE STARS and find out if your institution is part of this program
Support the Sustainability Initiative Fund! Your donation allows the Sustainability Initiative to continue its work:
To create leadership and provide tools to mobilize libraries to think and act sustainably.
In a way that builds awareness and consensus while inspiring action by members of the library community to own their role as sustainability leaders in their communities,
So that communities thrive, bounce back from disruption, and are infused with new and better life for everyone.
All donations are 100% tax deductible. Click here to donate