MSRT is in early stages of development. Please see our Statement of Purpose. Ultimately, our goal is to establish this roundtable as section so that we can provide multiple, meaningful, virtual and on site connecting and learning opportunities, not only at conference but throughout the year and have a seat on NYLA Council so we can move the Making and STEAM agenda forward through our libraries in NYS.
Ways to Participate:
- Submit the Petition to form a MSRT Section. And, send the petition to your contacts! Submit the petition today
- Encourage NYLA MSRT membership to those in your networks - $5.00. Become a member
- View our free webinars - we put on 4 introductory webinars in 2015. Please view the archives and pass along the information to your networks.
- MSRT Facebook group: Please join and contribute often!
- MSRT Discussion Board: We have just launched a discussion board; please contribute often!
- Attend the Annual Membership meeting at NYLA Conference 2016 : We collected hundreds of signatures at NYLA 2015 Conference to become a section. The official vote on our section status will take place at the Annual Membership meeting at the 2016 Conference. Your attendance is critical; every vote counts! Please plan to attend!
- We are looking for MSRT members to lead. We are working to develop short term, outcomes based projects and initiatives that will allow MSRT members to lead through program and project identification, development and delivery. This execution can be virtual or on site (locally, regionally, etc.).
We look forward to working with you!
Leah Hamilton, MSRT President