Lake Placid First Time Conference Stipend
[Previously known as the Dewey Fellowship]
To encourage future librarians to attend NYLA’s Annual Conference by providing registration to all non-ticketed events and up to $500 for travel and lodging. Awarded to one library school student from each of the eight MLS programs in NYS.
• Each dean selects a recipient to represent their college. [Nomination instructions distributed to each eligible school.]
• Student must be a NYLA member.
• Student must be attending the NYLA Annual Conference for the first time.
• Each student is asked to write a post-conference reflection to be included in NYLA publications.
• Stipend includes registration to all non-ticketed events and up to $500 for travel and lodging.
• Recipients will be acknowledged on NYLA's website, at the Annual Conference (through the program, new members reception or Annual Membership Meeting) and in the NYLA Voice.