NYLA Governance Task Force
The Governance Task Force will
- Review the existing governance structure (by-laws, policies) and other documentation that it deems relevant and recommend amendments, updates, and other changes for review and approval of NYLA Council and/or NYLA membership as appropriate.
- Review and recommend changes to Council of its roles and responsibilities for review and approval of NYLA Council.
- Recommend changes to the Executive Director’s job description for review and approval of NYLA Council.
- The Governance Task Force will bring their recommendations for changes to the existing Bylaws to the October 7, 2021, Council Meeting for discussion and approval.
- The NYLA membership will have an opportunity to review and comment on proposed changes to NYLA’s governance structure and by-laws from October 8 – October 25, 2021.
- The Governance Task Force will report on member feedback and final recommendations at the November 3, 2021, Council Meeting.
- The Governance Task Force will present final recommendations to the NYLA membership at the Membership Meeting held at the Annual Conference in Syracuse, NY, November 3-6, 2021.
- The Governance Task Force will bring recommended processes for changing NYLA policies to the November 3, 2021, Council meeting for discussion and approval.
The Governance Task Force members should represent the diversity of the NYLA membership:
- Friends and Trustees
- Public Libraries
- School Libraries
- Academic & Special Libraries
- Urban Libraries
- Rural Libraries
- Library Systems – 3Rs, Public, School
- Geographic Regions of New York
Task Force Meetings Notes
NYLA Bylaws Update Documents
See current roster here