As we welcome our new Executive Director, AnnaLee Dragon, I wanted to take this opportunity to celebrate the progress we have made and the people who have given their time and talents to making it all happen. Our Council meetings page has been updated with handy "at-a-glance" bullets that highlight what actions were taken at the Council and Membership meetings.
Thank you to
- the Nominating Committee members who recruited candidates for Treasurer-Elect
- the candidates who ran for Treasurer-Elect
- Council members - current and past - who stepped up to serve in numerous ways when they were needed most
- members, whose passion for NYLA and what we do provided the inspiration and motivation to keep making good progress
- NYLA staff - there are not enough thanks that I can give!
- the Governance Task Force for the deep dive into bylaws and policies
- NYLA's Committees, Sections, and Roundtables for continuing the good work of NYLA
- attendees and vendors and speakers at the Annual Conference & Trade Show
- all library workers across the state who work tirelessly - and often thanklessly - in the name of the community and intellectual freedom
I look forward to (virtually) spending Library Advocacy Day with everyone on March 2nd - although we advocate every day in a myriad of ways, this is when we truly come together to be the voice of the library community.