In This Issue
- *NEW* Tales From The Youth Services Librarian
- *NEW* Voices From The Field: Leading in the School Library and Beyond
- *NEW* Good Things, Small Packages
- *NEW* Work In Progress: Continuing Education & Civic Engagement
- *NEW* Brian Brings Board Games: Gaming In The Library
- *NEW* What Should A Library Be?
- *NEW* Libraries of the Future
- *NEW* The Nerd Is The Word
- *NEW* Take Me To Your Leader
- Friends Speaking
- R&D with Robert Drake
- A Learning Life
- Brain Food - Learning Through Reading
- Adventures in Memeland - A Librarian's Journey
- Libraries In Motion
In Every Issue
From the NYLA Units
December 2022 | Volume 70 | Number 6
As you browse the articles in the NYLA Voice be sure to click "Current Issue" to return to this main page; the "Home" link above will take you to the NYLA homepage.
Executive Director's Report
"I hope you’re all rested and recovered from NYLA’s Annual Conference. I can’t begin to express how wonderful it was to see 800 attendees come together for 82 program sessions over 4 days of learning in Saratoga. Having been a member of NYLA for over 16 years now, it truly felt like a homecoming. The staff and I want to thank everyone for being there, and for your patience and understanding as we ran our first full in-person conference as a team."
Welcome The NYLA Voice 2022-23 Columnist Cohort!
In This Issue
- Tales From The Youth Services Librarian by Sarah Heukrath
- Voices From The Field: Leading in the School Library and Beyond by Kerrie Burch
- Good Things, Small Packages by Suzanne Macaulay
- Work In Progress: Continuing Education & Civic Engagement by Colleen Ellithorpe
- Brian Brings Board Games: Gaming In The Library by Brian Schwartz
- What Should A Library Be? by Maggie Blaha
- Libraries of the Future by Gillian Friedlander
- The Nerd Is The Word by Rosemary Kiladitis
- Take Me To Your Leader by Elizabeth Olesh