SCLA-members is the mailing list for the Suffolk County Library Association. The list is un-moderated, and any topic that is relevant to life in Suffolk County Libraries is open for discussion. Subscription is restricted to current SCLA members. If you would like to subscribe, we only ask that you abide by the following two rules:
• Please do not post personal messages. Use the SEND command with the person’s address if want answer someone on the list. Only use the REPLY command if you want to respond to the whole list.
• Be considerate. When you are posting a message, remember that there is a person behind every username. Lively debate is encouraged, rudeness is not.
How To Subscribe To The List
• Login to the NYLA web portal (click 'login' in the upper right hand corner of this page)
• Click on 'Personal Record Details' from the left-hand menu
• Click on 'Email Discussion Lists'
• Select your subscription preference and click 'Submit Changes'
To unsubscribe use the same steps listed above.
How To Send Messages To SCLA-members:
To post a message on the SCLA-LIST, send an email message to:
Messages will usually be posted immediately, but there are may be unforeseen circumstances where it might take a day or two. If your message is not posted within a couple of days, resend it. You can only send messages if you are subscribed to the list, and messages must be submitted to the list from an e-mail account that is subscribed.