NYLA Annual Conference Site Considerations
Wondering what it takes to bring the NYLA Annual Conference to your home town? Here are the minimum specifications that are required from a conference site / hotel to host the NYLA Annual Conference.
Trade Show Requirements
- The NYLA Trade Show requires 30,000 sq. feet of unobstructed contiguous floor space.
- The Trade Show must be housed in one facility.
- Electricity should be available for all booth locations.
- Wireless and Hardwire Internet connections should be available for all booth locations.
Meeting Room Requirements
- The size and set‐up of the rooms can vary from 10ppl. conference style to 400 ppl. theatre style.
- Typical breakout room requirements include:
- One General Session Room (400 theatre style)
- Breakout rooms (3 for 150 theatre, 3 for 100 theatre, 3 for 50 theatre, 3 for 20 conference)
- All meeting rooms shoud have complimentary high speed wireless Internet access.
- The number of rooms necessary per concurrent session varies, with 9 to 11 being the norm.
- 500 sleeping rooms within walking distance of the Convention Center.
- Transportation is often provided:
- Between airport / train stations on peak travel days.
- To the location of special events held off‐property.
- NYLA will not consider locations which require shuttling between hotels and the convention center.
For a complete and detailed overview of the specifications of the NYLA Annual Conference needs, please review the Request for Proposals for 2016-17-18