NYLA Outstanding Service to Libraries Award
Nomination form for the NYLA Outstanding Service to Libraries Award (PDF)
Nomination Form (doc)
To recognize and honor an individual who, or a group that, has made a significant, sustained contribution to the development, promulgation, growth or extension of library/information services to the people of NYS or to residents within a designated service area within the State. Recognition may include lifetime NYLA membership, citation, and gift.
An individual who, as an employee or trustee of a library or information service or a group with a direct library affiliation, significantly improved library service for the people of New York. NYLA Council members are not eligible.
Awards may be considered for significant contributions in at least one of the following:
- Promotion of library services through exemplary performance and public recognition.
- Creative application of the use of technology in the delivery of library and information services.
- Design and implementation of an enlightened management and personnel system that greatly improves library and information services.
- Promotion and development of improved public understanding of library and information services through effective legislative or public relations programs.
- Creation of original work that substantially contributes to the improvement of library and information services.
- Leadership and service contributing to the development and effectiveness of the goals and objectives of NYLA.
2018 - Rebekkah Smith Aldrich
2017 - Steve Bolton
2016 - Ellen Rubin
2015 - Mary Ratzer
2014 - Matthew Bollerman, Hauppauge Public Library
2013 - All library staff who help their communities during times of crisis.
2012- Samuel Simon
2011 - Andrew P. Jackson, Queens Public Library
2010 - Norman Sinclair, Lockport Public Library Trustee
2009 - DJ Stern; Prakash Upadhyaya
2008 - Tom Alrutz
2007 - Dr. Annette Johnson
2006 - Dolores Marino
2005 - Mary Brown
2004 - Gerald Nichols
2003 - Mary Rinato Berman
2002 - Mary Jo Ketchum
2001 - Michael O'Connor
2000 - Randall Enos
1999 - Eileen Kelliher
1998 - John Hammond
1997 - Glyn T. Evans
1996 - Joseph F. Shubert
1995 - Shirley Lang
1994 - Robert Barron
1993 - Carol Kearney, Timothy Healy (posthumous)
Additional Previous Recipients
Richard Halsey, Lore Scurrah, Frances Dye Clark, Stanley Ransom, Andrew Geddes, Lucille Thomas, Peter Laux, Richard Panz. Daniel Casey, Marie Bruni, Janet Welch, Esther Lopato, Mildred Lowe (posthumous), Helen Flowers, David Cohen, Janet Decker .
Nomination Form for the NYLA Outstanding Service to Libraries Award (PDF)