ESRT: Ethnic Services Round Table
Statement of Purpose
The purpose of this Round Table is to provide a forum for the exchange of information within the following objectives:
- to share information on ethnic services through a cooperative network,
- to develop and promote ethnic collections,
- to design services for ethnic groups, and
- to provide up-to-date funding information available from public and private sources in support of ethnic programs.
What We Do
- Presents workshops and programs at NYLA Annual Conferences.
- Formulates and recommends policy statements for NYLA on relevant issues.
- Disseminates information on ethnic services through our newsletter (included in your dues) and website.
- Presents awards for outstanding contributions to multicultural library services.
- Publishes lists to aid librarians in materials selection.
- Cooperates with other NYLA units on joint ventures.
- Maintains liaisons with the American Library Association's Ethnic and Multicultural Information Exchange Round Table (EMIERT) and other groups with similar interests.
All are welcome to join Ethnic Services Round Table (ESRT)! Membership dues are only $10 in addition to the regular New York Library Association (NYLA) dues. For information about becoming a member of NYLA, visit the NYLA Membership page.
If you are already a NYLA member and you would like to join ESRT, please fill out this form, make check payable to NYLA, and send with this form to New York Library Association, 6021 State Farm Road, Guilderland, New York 12084.
We will soon be planning for Combating Racism Part 3 for 2023. If you are interested in helping us plan and organize this event, please contact Kacper Jarecki at email@example.com.
Please join us for our next membership meeting:
Please contact Manuel Figueroa at Manuel.Figueroa@queenslibrary.org if wish to attend.