NYLA Seeking Nominations for Leadership Positions
The NYLA Council Nominating Committee, is seeking NYLA members who want to make a difference for the New York Library community. There are a number of seats on the NYLA Council (full list below) that will be up for election to fill terms starting at the 2020 NYLA Conference in November.
If you would like to nominate yourself or a colleague for any of these positions please send an email to email@example.com including the following information:
• the name of the NYLA member being nominated
• the specific Council seat the person is being nominated for
• a VERY brief expression of interest telling the committee why the nominee wants to serve in this capacity
• a current resume for the nominee
The deadline for all nominations is Wednesday, March 4.
Council positions up for election in 2020:
- President (3 yr. term) to come from an academic or special library
- Councilor-at-Large (3 yr. term) to come from school libraries/school library systems
- Councilor-at-Large (3 yr. term) to come from public library / public library system
Full duties and descriptions for each office can be found here on the NYLA website.