30 for 3D: Services, Programs, Tips
Sponsored by Making and STEAM Round Table (MSRT)
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
While libraries are increasingly adopting 3D printing technology, they often struggle with building a sustainable model. Our speaker, a 3D printing enthusiast, shares 30 ideas for programs and services, as well as some useful tricks that can save you time and money. Whether you’re looking to bring 3D printing to your library or build on an existing service, you’re sure to find inspiration!
- Learn to design 3D printing programs for children, teens, and adults.
- Learn the elements of a successful public 3D printing service.
- Learn what to look for when evaluating a 3D printer.
- Receive best practices on marketing 3D printing to their community.
- Explore cost-saving techniques.
Nick Tanzi, Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Community Library
Nick Tanzi is the Assistant Director of Technology Services at the Mastics-Moriches-Shirley Community Library in Suffolk County, NY. He has spoken in the U.S. and abroad on digital services in libraries, 3D printing, video game design, staff training and other technology-oriented topics. He is a regular contributor to Public Libraries Online and the author of Making the Most of Digital Collections Through Training and Outreach, which received a starred review from Library Journal. He also writes at the-digital-librarian.com.