NYLA 2019 | Lightning Rounds
What is a Lightning Round Presentation?
Lightning Round is a presentation methodology in which 28 slides are shown for 15 seconds each (7 minutes in total). It is an opportunity for several presenters to share information about a research problem, project, or study with many colleagues by developing slide show presentations. Presenters may include printed materials or handouts, so long as the presentation remains under 7 minutes. A few minutes will be designated on either side of the presentation for set-up/break-down of materials
The Lightning Round Presentations will take place at the NYLA Annual Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY on Thursday, November 14, 2019 at 12:00pm - 1:30pm. Each presenter will be assigned a specific 10-minute segment during this time.
Presenting a Lightning Round entitles you to either a single day (Thursday) or a $45 credit toward your conference registration fees.
Submit applications via our online form.
You will be asked to identify which of the following topics fits your presentation
- User Services
- Outreach & Partnerships
- Administration & Leadership
The deadline for submitting an application is Monday, September 16. The proposals will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Conference Program Committee, and you will be notified of acceptance by Tuesday, October 1.
Lightning Round Presentation Rules
NYLA will provide the following:
- Presentation space including podium, microphone and display screen;
- Early access to the display area to enable the presentation to be set up. Times to be conveyed as the event gets closer; and conference registration for a single day (Thursday) or a $45 credit toward your conference registration fees.
What you should provide:
- Final PowerPoint slides sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31, 2019; and
- An interesting project described with an abstract, information about the activity, results or outcomes, graphics or pictures, handouts, business cards, and a signup sheet if people want to be contacted afterward.
NYLA will NOT provide the following:
- Travel support for presenters
Components to include in the presentation:
- Abstract (brief)
- Author(s) / Presenter(s)
- Problem Statement
- Conclusion / Summary of Findings
- Contact Information
For any questions regarding the Lightning Round Presentations, please contact email@example.com.