SMART: Section on Management of Information Resources and Technology
The Section on Management of Information Resources and Technology (SMART) focuses on the use of emerging technologies in libraries, especially in the areas of online and digital services, acquisitions, cataloging, serials management, circulation, and collection management. SMART encourages collaboration and the exchange of ideas across the library profession by actively bringing together librarians, library staff, and other information professionals from across New York State who are interested in potential and current best practices for technology in libraries.
SMART exists to do the following:
- Explore emerging technologies significant to library applications
- Promote research and collaboration
- Disseminate information to the membership via publications, demonstrations, and presentations.
- Promote the development of appropriate standards.
- Facilitate and encourage special interest programming, including liaison with appropriate private sector groups.
- SMART Strategic Plan
Get more involved in SMART!