IDEAS: Instruction, Development, Equity, and Access Section
- Change the name of the section to "Instruction, Development, Equity and Access Section (IDEAS)"
- Adopt new bylaws and purpose of the section
- Adopt 2021 Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement and Action Plan
Once the above changes are accepted by NYLA Council, the Board of the Section will proceed with updating the marketing materials and communications of section members. Please join us at our Board meetings or email a board member with any questions or concerns. Please check the Minutes tab for reflections of past meetings. Login information for all upcoming meetings can be found here.
Statement of Purpose:
IDEAS is the Instruction, Development, Equity, and Access Section of the New York Library Association. By facilitating discourse, conducting advocacy, curating resources, and providing continuing education on the topics of instruction, reference service, twenty first century literacies, and equity of access, IDEAS:
- Promotes the interests of library professionals who provide service to adult populations across New York State
- Cultivates the competency, core skills, and professionalism of library workers at all career levels and in various library types who assist, educate, and inform adults
- Fosters resilience, proficiency, and agility among library workers navigating rapid technological, institutional, and cultural change in their work with their communities
- Creates opportunities for growth and renewal by confronting inequities and challenges impacting diverse library patrons and library staff
|Follow us on Twitter||Join us on LinkedIN||RASS Archive|