NYLA Leadership and Management Academy Scholarship
The Library & Leadership Management Section (LAMS) of the New York Library Association is seeking candidates for a scholarship to attend NYLA’s Leadership & Management Academy 2017. NYLA’s Leadership & Management Academy is an educational program for mid-career library professionals interested in obtaining the practical knowledge critical to becoming a library leader. This award covers the $800 tuition to the Academy.
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Have 5 years of library experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or two years of library experience and an MLS or equivalent degree
- Be a LAMS member at time of application and during Academy enrollment
This will be a selective process based on leadership potential and demonstrated ability. To be considered for the award, all applicants must submit the following:
- A letter of support from his/her current employer or a colleague
- Current resume or CV
- A personal statement of no more than 2 pages single-spaced on leadership that addresses the following:
- What skills and abilities you consider most important for library leaders to possess?
- What additional knowledge/ skills/experience will you need to enhance your leadership potential?
- What is your goal in participating in this leadership program?
- Give an example of how you have demonstrated leadership.
To apply for this scholarship, submit all requested items via email to Julie Dempsey by June 17, 2017. All applicants will be reviewed by the LAMS’ Scholarship Committee. The winner of this scholarship will be announced prior to the upcoming NYLA Conference in Saratoga.