Pecha Kucha Presentations at the NYLA 2014 Annual Conference and Trade Show
The New York Library Association is now accepting submissions for the 2014 NYLA Pecha Kucha Presentations to take place at this year’s annual conference in Saratoga Springs, NY. The deadline for submitting an application is Friday August 29, 2014.
If interested in participating in a Pecha Kucha presentation, please fill out the application form by clicking here.
The Pecha Kucha Presentations will take place at the NYLA Annual Conference in Saratoga Springs, NY, on Thursday, November 6 2014, from 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm. Each presenter will be assigned a specific 10-minute segment during this time.
What is a Pecha Kucha Presentation?
Pecha Kucha is a presentation methodology in which 20 slides are shown for 20 seconds each (6 minutes, 40 seconds in total). It is an opportunity for several presenters to share information about a research problem, project, or study with many colleagues by developing slide show presentations. Presenters may include printed materials or handouts, so long as the presentation remains under 6:40. A few minutes will be designated on either side of the presentation for set-up/break-down of materials.
The deadline for submitting an application is August 29, 2014. The proposals will be reviewed by a subcommittee of the Conference Program Committee, and you will be notified of acceptance by September 17, 2014.
For any questions regarding the Pecha Kucha Presentations, please contact:
Marketing & Communications Manager
Pecha Kucha Presentation Rules
NYLA will provide the following:
- Presentation space including podium, microphone and display screen
- Early access to the display area to enable the presentation to be set up. Times to be conveyed as we get closer to the event
- Exhibits “Fast Pass” for access to the Trade Show floor on November 6. Please note that this does not include Conference Registration nor will it allow access to any Conference Programs.
What you should provide:
- PowerPoint slides sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than October 31, 2014
- An interesting project described with an abstract, information about the activity, results or outcomes, graphics or pictures, handouts, business cards, and a signup sheet if people want to be contacted afterward.
NYLA will not provide the following:
- Internet access
- Travel support for presenters
Components to Include in the Presentation:
- Abstract (Brief)
- Problem Statement
- Conclusion/Summary of Findings
- Contact Information
You can bring business cards or handouts to distribute to attendees who stop by your presentation.