The 50th Anniversary / Scholarship Gala
**NEW DATE** Saturday November 14, 2020
6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
2116 Adam Clayton Powell Boulevard (at 126th Street)
New York, NY 10027
This event will raise funds for the Donna Hoke Scholarship for emerging librarians & Andrew P. Jackson Scholarship Award for Library Support Staff. The Gala will also include the naming of the 2020 NYBLC Distinguished Author Book Awards in the following categories Adult Author, YA Author and Children Author. Invited guests include Library Directors, Librarians, Administrators, Library Advocates, staff, Elected Officials and other notable members of the New York library and educational community.
The NYBLC is a non-profit 501(c)3 organization that has been a constant voice for diversity and library advocacy in the New York library community for almost 50 years. The goal of the Caucus is to provide financial support to graduate students of African American descent pursuing a master’s degree in Library and Information Science. The Donna Hoke Scholarship is our primary tool and, to date, over $45,000 scholarships have been awarded!
For this occasion, we are asking for your support by purchasing an ad in the commemorative 50th anniversary journal. This is an opportunity to advertise your business and offer words of support for the NYBLC, Inc. and will reach a multitude of people. Please use the enclosed journal ad form to submit your advertisement and/or message.
If I may be of further assistance, my contact information is listed on the journal ad form. On behalf of the New York Black Librarians Caucus Board, thank you in advance for your generous support.
Sandra Michele Echols, M.L.S. & M.S.
Immediate Past President / Fundraising Committee Chair
Registration Open NOW!
Early Bird Tickets are $100 each through September 30th, 2020 - After September 30th, tickets increase to $125
Please be sure to include dietary restrictions in the notes field on the form.
Note - you do NOT need to be a NYLA member, nor log-in in order to place an order for tickets.
You can place your ticket order online, and mail in your payment by check - simply select 'send a check' during the check-out process.
Ticket price includes cocktail hour, dinner and dessert.
Purchase of ticket gives your permission to be photographed/video.
Portion of ticket sales will support our annual scholarship fund.
Tickets are non-refundable
Journal Ad Rates
- INSIDE FRONT COVER – $200.
- INSIDE BACK COVER – $175.
- FULL PAGE – $150
- HALF (1/2) PAGE – $75.
- QUARTER (1/4) PAGE – $50.
- BUSINESS CARD – $25.
- BOOSTERS – $10.
- Please send “Print Ready” Ads only, photos in jpg format.
- Pricing is for Black and white ads, COLOR ads available upon request for an additional charge.
- Deadline for JOURNAL ADS and PAYMENTS will be extended**
- Email Journal Ads to: create an email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Journal Ad reservations are submitted ONLINE
Donna Hoke Scholarship
- Sponsor 1 student for the full Donna Hoke Scholarship - $1000.00
- Sponsor 1 student for a partial Donna Hoke Scholarship - $500.00
- Make a contribution towards the Donna Hoke Scholarship indicate the amount
Andrew P. Jackson Student Staff Scholarship
- Sponsor 1 student for the full Andrew P. Jackson Student Staff Scholarship - $1000.00
- Sponsor 1 student for a partial Andrew P. Jackson Student Staff Scholarship - $500.00
- Make a contribution towards the Andrew P. Jackson Student Support Staff Scholarship - indicate the amount